Who We Are
Responding to God’s grace, we are a community of disciples we are called to embrace diversity and to connect all generations to God’s family. All of our ministries are designed intentionally to accomplish that vision.
Our four Core Values are:
- Nurturing Christian disciples at all ages and stages of faith.
- Caring for others with love and compassion.
- Connecting with God’s grace and forgiveness through worship, thanksgiving, and prayer.
- Strengthening relationships within the body of Christ, embracing diversity.
It is the calling and passion of our staff and congregational leaders to carry out Trinity Lutheran Church’s mission and core values each day.
Trinity Lutheran Church looks for individuals with a wide variety of gifts and talents who are looking for a challenging, collaborative and creative work environment. If you feel like God is leading you to be a part of this team, and your skills match any of the open positions, please consider applying.
As employment opportunities become available, Trinity Lutheran Church will post them here for those who may be interested in joining our staff. Current openings are listed below. Please submit all resumes to Trinity Lutheran Church at the following email address: HR@trinitylansdale.com
Thank you for your interest!
Associate Director for Worship Renewal
Trinity Lutheran Church, in Lansdale, PA is looking to hire an Associate Director for Worship Renewal. This position is responsible to lead congregational worship on the organ, accompany choirs, and to collaborate with/support the Director for Worship Renewal in ensuring that all choirs – including instrumental ensembles, children’s, adult, and handbell choirs – are led and regularly participating in worship leadership. This is a part-time position at 25 hours a week. The beginning date is April 1, 2018.
Duties and responsibilities
- To coordinate with the Director for Worship Renewal, staff, and worship planning team in planning, preparing, and playing music appropriate to each worship service, including (but not limited to): Thanksgiving Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Christmas Eve services, Saturday evening services, and Advent/Lenten midweek services. To direct an expected average of one to two choirs per week.
- To lead worship from the organ for one service/week, working creatively to inspire and encourage congregational singing.
- To lead worship from the Chapel organ/piano for approximately one service/month.
- To direct an expected average of one choir per week and assist with other choirs as agreed upon with the Director for Worship Renewal.
- To prepare sufficiently for optimum use of rehearsal time, helping musicians use their gifts to the best of their abilities.
- To accompany an expected average of two choirs per week.
- To prepare sufficiently for optimum performance on the organ or piano for both rehearsal and worship.
- To accompany soloists in worship as needed.
- To attend staff meetings and worship planning meetings as needed.
- To oversee the tuning and maintenance of the organ within the approved budget.
- Allowances: use of facilities for personal private teaching; additional compensation for weddings, funerals, oversight of outside vendors or groups using worship/musical spaces.
- Possess a deep desire to serve God using worship and music as an integral part of the church’s total ministry.
- Possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in a worship or church music related field or comparable experience.
- Possess highly developed pipe organ/piano playing and accompanying skills.
- Appreciate the unique heritage of liturgical worship, balanced with an appreciation for the role of creativity in worship.
- Work effectively to collaborate with both professional and lay leadership. Possess interpersonal skills to attract, motivate, and encourage disciples.
- Experience in leading worship, teaching music, and directing vocal and instrumental ensembles. Demonstrate the ability to use the voice effectively during rehearsals.
- Proven teaching, communication, and motivational skills.
- Good organizational skills and excellent time management skills.
- Be proficient in choral conducting and rehearsal techniques.
- Exhibit creativity and enthusiasm in carrying out job responsibilities.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position preferred.
The organ is a three-manual, 70 rank Martin Ott with 55 stops.
To apply: Please send letter of application and resume/vitae to HR@trinitylansdale.com. Deadline to apply is February 15, 2018.