Pastor for Youth and Family Ministry Search
VISION: The creation of a comprehensive youth and family ministry program at Trinity Lutheran Church that engages children, youth, young adults, and parents in the practice of Christian discipleship both at home, in the faith community, and the world.
POSITION: Full-time Pastor for Youth and Family Ministry
PURPOSE: To serve as a partner in the current paradigm shift from staff doing ministry to staff “equipping the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,” (Eph 4:8) by providing for the creation and oversight of Youth and Family Ministry that encourages faith nurturing relationship among children, youth, family, extended family, and intergenerationally with the disciples of this congregation; as well as providing general pastoral support to the congregation through worship leadership and pastoral care responsibilities.
ACCOUNTABILITY: To the Senior Pastor and Congregation Council of Trinity.
CLASSIFICATION: Salaried; Exempt
SUPPORT: The Congregation Council, Senior Pastor, Trinity Staff, Colleagues, and Congregation of Trinity, along with the Bishop and the staff of the Southeastern Pennsylvania Synod.
- Oversee, direct, and train disciples who serve as leaders in Youth and Family Ministry.
- Oversee, direct and train disciples who serve as leader in youth orientated Christian Education/faith formation ministry.
- Work with the Director for Discipleship Gifts in identifying disciples to serve in leadership roles.
- Work with and supervise Director for Early Learning.
- Attend and participate in Congregation Council meetings, weekly Staff Meetings, Worship Planning Meetings, and other Ministry Teams meetings as appropriate.
Youth and Family:
- Responsible for developing and managing the teams of adult and youth, who will vision, plan and implement programming, teaching, training, and fellowship that engage youth and families on their discipleship journeys.
- Serve as a resource to families and youth providing opportunities for learning, support and fellowship.
- Ensure that the methods and programming used for teaching and fellowship are responsive to the needs of families and flow from current understanding of effective youth and family ministry.
- Engage youth and families in synodical events and the larger world as opportunities present themselves.
- Engage in operating and maintaining the ministry of fellowship and service for youth in grades 5-6 (CHAOS), 7-9 (Here We Go), ,8-10 (D2D), 9 – 12 (Senior High) including retreats, mission trips, fellowship, synodical events and service events.
- Provide pastoral oversight to and involvement with youth orientated Christian Education staff and ministry team.
- Work with the leaders in youth orientated Christian Education as appropriate.
- Work with the Director for Early Learning as appropriate..
- Provide training and support for all confirmation guides and other adult disciples involved in youth orientated faith formation activities.
- Share in teaching, preaching and worship leadership.
- Provide pastoral care to the congregation, through visitation and outreach to the ill, homebound and prospective members.
- To support all areas of ministry and those working within them as required.
- A yearly report as part of the annual meeting materials.
- Review and approve check requests for direct reports.
- Review in supervision the yearly budget for Christian Education and Student Ministry/Youth and Family Ministry.
- A commitment and calling to the pastoral ministry of a congregation of the ELCA.
- Certification by the ELCA and approval by the Bishop of the Southeastern Pennsylvania Synod.
- Experience 5-10 years in youth and family ministry including some Administrative experience.
- Is easy to relate to and uses “sinful” nature as an asset factor in developing relationship with youth and adults.
- Has proven record as a good communicator.
- Is comfortable using digital culture technology.
- A Driver’s License and the means to travel.
- Able to lift, walk, and participate physically in youth activities.
CONTACT: Southeastern Pennsylvania Synod, along with your Rostered Leader Profile (RLP)